Selecting the Nation's Finest.
Thank you for your interest in the United States Capitol Police!
In order to apply you will need to do the following:
- Review the minimum requirements for eligibility, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) and other relative information regarding the agency
- Once you have reviewed all the instructions below, Click on the link below and follow the instructions to begin the online AVUE Digital Services Application
- Once you have registered/logged on to the AVUE Digital Services online application, you must complete the following:
- View Departmental video & check box to acknowledge
- Self Assessment Information
- Basic Qualifications Questionnaire
- Applicant Profile & KSA's (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Complete Background Questionnaire
- Complete, Notarize and Fax (253) 573-9869 or Attach the two Required Documents
- Complete and Certify the Medical Forms (You will NOT get or see these forms until we have reviewed your application.)
- Upon completion of the above referenced items, you may register for the Police Officer Selection Test (POST) and Physical Readiness Test (PRT) via the Assessment Scheduling tab on AVUE
- Acknowledge Tentative Offer Letter (TOL)
Note: The POST exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions: covering basic math, reading, and grammar. You must achieve a passing score of 70 or better on each section. You will be allowed 1 hour and 25 minutes to complete the exam.
The PRT requirements can be found on under the "TRAINING" tab.
- Please be sure to arrive on time for the test you selected and be present for the exam date you have chosen
POST Test and PRT Dates:
Due to the sequestration the United States Capitol Police has suspended our hiring process until further notice.
These dates will be on the AVUE site shortly, check the site frequently. New test dates are posted monthly.
(Please click below in order to register and apply)
- You must complete your Background Investigation Questionnaire. There are several forms that must be completed and notarized and submitted to AVUE via fax/scan.
(1) Authorization for Release of Information and (2) Medical Certification along with the required PRT releases.
- The fax number for AVUE is (253-573-9869)
Should you have any questions while completing the AVUE online application, please contact the AVUE help desk directly at 1-800-407-0147.
- Once you have successfully passed the exam, your online AVUE application will be reviewed and a determination will be made as to whether you will be considered for a further processing. This will then lead to the scheduling of further evaluations (i.e., Polygraph, Medical Exam, Psych Evaluation)
- PLEASE BE ADVISED: Your fully completed application package must include: (Application Profile, Background Investigation Questionnaire, 2 Notarized Documents (referenced above) and Passing POST and PRT exam results.) NOTE: Please plan to bring any other applicable required documents with you at the time of your interview, if you are considered for further processing. (i.e., birth certificate, driverís license, transcripts, etc.)
Our process generally takes 8-12 months to complete. Best wishes in the process!
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Click here to be directed to AVUE Digital Services to apply and register for an upcoming examination.